RustyPosted: September 26, 2012
Top Ten Things I Feel Like Telling You Since The Last Time I Posted:
10. I haven’t write a word since, like, July.
9. I read Gone Girl and decided that its popularity signals that we’re all more seriously mentally ill than I thought.
8. I read Undaunted Courage and questioned the wisdom of the Louisiana Purchase.
7. I read a lot of other books–a lot of really good books (Arcadia, by Lauren Groff, The Financial Lives of the Poets, by Jess Walter, Birds of a Lesser Paradise, by Meredith Mayhew Bergman, and We, The Drowned, by Carsten Jensen, for starters.).
6. I rode my bike A LOT.
5. I participated in a vigil for a hermit crab.
4. I did not plant a single seed.
3. My son read to me at length about shark attacks.
2. I became tired of most of the things I believe in, not in a permanent way, but it probably explains why I spent so much time reading and riding my bike–the search for critical distance.
1. For three nights during the full moon and two very early mornings I took a kayak out on a silent lake in the Adirondacks. That’s all I can say about it right now without wrecking it, but, you know, that does something to you.
Come to think of it, that last sentence applies to this whole list.